October, 13, 2011

Larger Than Life

13th Ward Relief Society

In September there was a knock at my door. When I opened it, no one was there. Looking around I saw a book lying on the doormat with a note tucked inside. The book was a new publication from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints titled Daughters in My Kingdom: the History and Work of Relief Society.

While reading the preface I came across these words:  “Relief Society is not just about women who lived in the past; it is also about women all over the world today who make and keep covenants.”  Reading this made me feel special, like I was part of something larger than life.

It also made me reflect upon the place where I work. The Education in Zion Gallery is not just about men and women in the past or even those only at BYU. It is also about men and women all over the world today who make the most of their education by combining the spiritual and secular.  In this way we make an education for the whole soul and truly are part of something larger than life.

Anna Silver, Theater Arts Education Major, Education in Zion Gallery Educator Supervisor