The Education in Zion Gallery is closed now until January 11th, 2021.
Upon reopening in 2021, our hours will be:
|Semester||Mon & Wed||Tue, Thu & Fri||Sat||Sun|
|Fall / Winter||10 a.m. – 9 p.m.||10 a.m. – 5 p.m.||10 a.m. – 2 p.m (10-11 vulnerable guests)||Closed|
|Spring / Summer||10 a.m. – 7 p.m.||10 a.m. – 5 p.m.||Closed||Closed|
Closed Sundays, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Holidays, and General Conference
Special Hours 2020
- Labor Day
- November 26-28 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Once university classes move fully online Fall semester (Nov 28, 2020 – Jan 10, 2021)
Location, Directions, and Parking
Education in Zion is located in the gallery of the Joseph F. Smith Building (JFSB) at Brigham Young University (BYU).
- Directions to BYU Campus
- Location of the Joseph F. Smith Building (JFSB)
- Enter the gallery through the east ground floor lobby or entrance on the 2nd floor.
- Visitors can park north of the Museum of Art or east of the Wilkinson Center.
To encourage social distancing, we are only offering full tours to groups of 4 people or less. Groups of 5 or more may receive an introductory gallery orientation in the lobby and explore the gallery on their own.
Many of our interactive features are temporarily closed, and we are are regularly wiping down any remaining high-touch areas throughout the day.
According to BYU guidelines, masks are required inside all university buildings, including the gallery.
Guided tours are available Monday through Friday by walk-in or appointment. Customized tours are available depending on the size, needs, and interests of each group. Contact us for more information and scheduling.
Who can tour?
- Students, Faculty, Young Men/Women groups, Relief Society, Activity day groups, Scouts, Book Clubs, Campus Visitors
- Coats, bags, backpacks, and umbrellas may be checked at the information desk. (As a COVID precaution, we are not checking bags during the Fall 2020 semester)
- Groups of ten or more will be asked to check all bags.
- Food and drink are not permitted.
- Please do not touch the displays or works of art.
- Photographs may be taken without the use of a flash or tripod.
- Please turn off wireless devices, or set them to vibrate, and take calls outside.
- Group visits need to be scheduled in advance. Please call (801) 422-6519.
- All ages are welcome, but children should be supervised.
- In the gallery, only pencils may be used for writing.
Education in Zion is wheelchair accessible. The main floor of the Joseph F. Smith Building is at street level and there are five elevators available, one in each of the building’s corners and one in the gallery’s first floor lobby on the north side of the building. For assistance using the gallery elevator call (801) 422-6519. The JFSB is also equipped with accessible restrooms and drinking fountains.