|Semester||Mon & Wed||Tue, Thu & Fri||Sat||Sun|
|Fall / Winter||10 a.m. – 9 p.m.||10 a.m. – 5 p.m.||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.||Closed|
|Spring / Summer||10 a.m. – 7 p.m.||10 a.m. – 5 p.m.||Closed||Closed|
Closed Sundays, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Holidays, and General Conference
Special Hours 2019
- Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Wednesday, July 24 (Pioneer Day)
- Monday, September 2 (Labor Day)
- Saturday, October 5 (General Conference)
- Thursday – Friday, November 28-29 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
Location, Directions, and Parking
Education in Zion is located in the gallery of the Joseph F. Smith Building (JFSB) at Brigham Young University (BYU).
- Directions to BYU Campus
- Location of the Joseph F. Smith Building (JSFB)
- Enter the gallery through the east ground floor lobby or entrance on the 2nd floor.
- Visitors can park north of the Museum of Art or east of the Wilkinson Center.
Guided tours are available Monday through Friday at 1 p.m. and any other time by appointment. Customized tours are available depending on the size, needs, and interests of each group. Contact us for more information and scheduling.
Who can tour?
- Young Men/Women groups, Relief Society, Activity day groups, Scouts, Book Clubs, Campus Visitors, Students, Faculty
- Coats, bags, backpacks, and umbrellas may be checked at the information desk.
- Groups of ten or more will be asked to check all bags.
- Food and drink are not permitted.
- Please do not touch the displays or works of art.
- Photographs may be taken without the use of a flash or tripod.
- Please turn off wireless devices, or set them to vibrate, and take calls outside.
- Group visits need to be scheduled in advance. Please call (801) 422-6519.
- All ages are welcome, but children should be supervised.
- In the gallery, only pencils may be used for writing.
Education in Zion is wheelchair accessible. The main floor of the Joseph F. Smith Building is at street level and there are five elevators available, one in each of the building’s corners and one in the gallery’s first floor lobby on the north side of the building. For assistance using the gallery elevator call (801) 422-6519. The JFSB is also equipped with accessible restrooms and drinking fountains.